Thursday, July 3, 2014

Travel Companion

I wanted to blog this trip because I've enjoyed reading my friends' vacation blogs and it's time I contributed. But also because of my friend Pat. She hadn't been well, and I thought that maybe if she could follow along as we traveled  it would provide a bit of enjoyment for her as we visit some of her special places, like Vimy Ridge, and the place where "In Flanders Fields" was penned.

She passed away just over a week ago and I miss her terribly already. I can only imagine what her husband Rob and her girls are going through. A heartbreaking loss for them, and for all who had the pleasure to know her.

So the next three weeks, as we explore Flanders and Northern France, we'll take Pat along with us, in our hearts and in our thoughts, and with every time we say, "we're from Canada." I think she'd like that.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Appreciate your taking Pat along with you - she would have loved that!

    ReplyDelete