Thursday, July 24, 2014

Busy Brugge

Our first trip to Brugge left us wanting more. So we went back on Tuesday. Which left me wanting out. If the city was busy with tourists on our last visit, this was ridiculous. Monday was a national holiday in Belgium, and I think all of Europe celebrated by coming to Brugge. And the Japanese came, too.
Not a square to spare

We got there around 11 am and I took the boys into the Historium exhibit while Moira went off on her own for a much needed break, mostly from me. First-class exhibit that told a story so well that it held my boys' interest for the 30-minute duration.

We met up an hour later and had our lunch in the Markt, the main square. After, she took the boys to a park while I did more exploring. She got lost, I went into an old building which cost me 6 euros to say, "yup, old building," and we met up again. Took a few photos, grabbed the boys a nice cream to cool down, then hopped the bus back to our car to drive back home. I'm sure it would be a nice place to visit in the spring, or if you were staying right in the city for a couple of days, but the mass of humanity was a bit of a turn-off this time around.


Eating ice cream in the alley as the sidewalk was too buy
 

 
Polish tourist

1 comment:

  1. We had the same first impression of Brugge - Too Many People. We spent most of our time far away from the central area and it was lovely. For what it's worth, Brussels was busier....

    ReplyDelete